Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thoughts for the New Year


2008 was a very interesting year for me. In 2007 I would never have guessed that in one year my life could change so much. Here are some random thoughts floating around inside my head that I need to get out so I can think about other things....

1. I get to say that I am getting married THIS year!

2. In January of 2007 I would have never guessed it would be to Dustin

3. In less than 6 months, we will have an actual house of our own (God willing!)

4. I have AMAZING parents, I am so grateful for the spiritual heritage they have passed on to me

5. My priorities have shifted a lot... in 2008 I did not re-commit to working with the youth group (I miss the students a lot though) & shifted my focus to helping with other ministries at my church

6. My favorite priority is Dustin :)

7. Its OK to let go of people... there are reasons we go through seasons in life...and seasons have a funny way of coming around again!

8. I have a lot to learn still... in every area of my life.... but who doesnt? I don't think you EVER truly become an expert... it would be boring to not need to learn anymore!

9. I wonder how much more my life will have changed this time next year???? WOW!

10. I want to read more books.... feel like I hardly read anything in 2008

3 comments:

Natalie said...

nails?.. good blog.

Natalie said...

I am available monday the 19th. Ben even has hayden that night.

Rachel said...

good thoughts. funny how things change so quickly, or seem to quickly. i am so excited for your wedding and marriage to Dustin. you've been an amazing couple to watch transform and i'm happy to be your friend.