Monday, May 31, 2010

I LOVE...

ANTIQUE SHOPPING! I always thought of antiques as something for my grandma... but now i'm slightly obsessed with it.

You see, it all started when Dustin and I went out with our friends Darren & Allison Lee.  They introduced us to the art of making old new! This afternoon Dustin & I went to the Elko Trader's Market with my parents.  It was AMAZING.  Its $4 to get in, but you have access to over 300 vendors! 

The Trader's Market is literally a huge field and multiple barns full of the stuff that Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware use in their magazines.... but for 1/2 the price (usually)!  I didn't get anything this afternoon, but yesterday when we went garagesale-ing (also a new favorite activity) I found a really great old huge frame that I am going to re-finish and use in some sort of crafty-wall fashion!  We also found a really cute side table that I will refinish for use in my craft room.  How much did it cost? Four bucks! 



These images are from the Pottery Barn website for around $100.  Go antique treasure shopping and get them for about $10 each!  Looking forward to more!!

1 comment:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I keep telling myself I need to go to Stillwater and do some major antiqueing.