Thursday, November 25, 2010

To Whom Much is Given, Much is Required

First, I would like to say that since I'm supposed to be doing homework right now, I seem to be finding every excuse not to do it this Thanksgiving night.  That is why I am blogging :-)

Seriously, I have SO  much to be thankful for this year.  A few weeks ago I wrote about my mom's breast cancer surgery.  Here we are just a little over one month later, and my mom is 100% cancer free! I truly think it was a miracle that everything was caught so early and taken care of smoothly.  Not to say that things are easy-peasy now, mom still has difficult days, both physical and emotional. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

I am so thankful for my wonderful family.  First, for my wonderful husband, Dustin.  He has been such a godsend to me.  Every day I fall more and more in love with him.  I get giddy thinking that I get to spend the rest of my life waking up next to him, going on all kinds of adventures together, and helping each other through life's challenging moments.

Next, I am so thankful for my parents, brother, and in-laws.  I could not have asked God for a better family to be part of.  I feel so loved and supported by everyone.  They have been such a solid rock throughout my whole life- constantly praying for me and for Dustin.  What a great heritage.

I am also very thankful for my job.  I LOVE that I love my job.  It has its challenging moments, but I have such wonderful co-workers that feel a bit more like family more and more.  My work is challenging me and causing me to grow in personal and professional ways. 

I am also thankful for our house- sometimes I feel blown away by how lucky we are to even have our own home.   I've been to many places in the world where all families have is a tiny mud hut or a tin-roofed shack on the side of a street. I live in a very cozy home where I have four bedrooms, two bathrooms, two family rooms, TONS of storage space, and even a house for our cars for crying out loud! We have more than enough food to eat, safe modes of transportation, and plenty of clean water.

I'm thankful for my education. Both Dustin and I have our undergraduate degrees, and now I have the opportunity to pursue my master's degree in a field that I am so passionate about!

I also know that to whom much is given, much is required.  I am thinking about how my brother-in-law picked up a homeless man last night while he was plowing the streets.  He brought the man to a safe place to sleep, take a long shower, and even bought him winter boots, warm clothes, and some Thanksgiving dinner to enjoy.  THAT is inspiring to me. 

Right now I'm thinking about ways that I can bless others with all the resources God has given to me.  What are you thankful for? Are you being responsible with your resources?

No comments: