Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Emotion

I got a call from Rush's Briday last night... the bridesmaid dresses are in!!! Woohoo! I think i'm going to pick them up this Saturday morning and then Amber & I are going to go shoe and jewelry shopping next Saturday the 28th. Let the alterations begin!

Its getting closer and closer, only 122 days! In preperation for the big day, I've been visualizing myself walking down the aisle (thanks for the correct spelling Jamie!) every time I work out. Its so crazy how every time I think about it I get teary eyed already! This could spell disaster for June 20th. Maybe I can picture it so much that I won't have horrid scrunchie faced pictures to look back on. PPLLEEAASSEE!!

Last Saturday morning I was working out at Lifetime Fitness. I had been on the stair climber for about 20 minutes already, out of breath and sweaty. The song "When God Made You" by Newsong and Natalie Grant came on my iPod and I could feel the emotions racing in. (This song is going to be sung by my uncle Greg and cousin Jen at my wedding) OH NO... i was already so out of breath, but now I couldn't even get ANY air into my lungs... my face was turning bright red and I was fightin back tears. I don't have asthma, but I am pretty sure I know what it feels like to have an asthma attack after that event. I was literally sucking air into my lungs every few gasps, trying not to burst out in explosive emotion!! I am sure the people around me thought I was psycho.



I HAVE to listen to these songs over and over again so I can get all the emotion out before June 20. I refuse to have black streaks of mascara stain my face in all my pictures. I do have a theory about myself though... I will either SOB or get the giggles during the ceremony. I have a horrible feeling I will giggle... thats what I do whenever I am in the most inappropriate circumstances unfortunately. During museum tours, Dustin & I get the giggles. During family prayers, I get the giggles. Pray I don't get the giggles!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

i'll pray again both, but i think i can see that you'll giggle and cry. ;)

Rachel said...

k, i listed to the song, and GOOD LUCK! i think i might actually cry at your wedding, and that's not common for me...i can't believe you kept going on those stairs. this song just made me want to get to the moment you are at where you have that forever person...oh, Linds! great song choice.